The Mathematics curriculum aims to ensure that students:
- are confident, creative users and communicators of Mathematics;
- are able to investigate, represent and interpret Mathematical problems;
- develop an increasingly sophisticated understanding of Mathematical concepts and fluency;
- are able to pose and solve problems, reason and justify solutions in Number and Algebra, Measurement and Geometry, and Statistics and Probability; and
- recognise connections between the areas of Mathematics and other disciplines and appreciate Mathematics as an accessible and enjoyable discipline to study.
Ref: The Victorian Curriculum - Mathematics
Mathematics Progression of Learning