The Geography curriculum aims to ensure that students develop:
- a sense of wonder, curiosity and respect for places, people, cultures and environments throughout the world
- a deep geographical knowledge of their own locality, Australia, the Asia region and the world
- the ability to think geographically, using geographical concepts
- the capacity to be competent, critical and creative users of geographical methods and skills
- the capacity to be informed, responsible and active citizens who can contribute to the development of a world that is environmentally and economically sustainable, and socially just.
Ref: The Victorian Curriculum - Geography
Geography Progression of Learning